Alice in...charlestown!

Went to see Alice in Wonderland and it was such a great film, Tim Burton really knows how to spin an unusual yarn. Tim Burton actually went to Charlestown, an old harbour near where I grew up on the south coast of Cornwall. Its a beautiful port and often has residential Square sail boats in the harbour that attract alot of tourists, and its also where my best mate has a brilliant art gallery selling local art and her own crazy graffitti and japaneese inspired artwork. It was great to see it on the big screen, and although its not the first time Charlestown has been used in a film, its certainly the best its looked!



Another fantastic thing is that Tom Binns, one of my favourite jewellery designers, has collaborated with Disney Couture Jewellery to create some crazy Alice in Wonderland inspired jewellery. I'm sure these will be great collectors items, I really want the Teacup necklace!


You can see more here... on Vogue.co.uk.

My favourite quote in the film is when Alice is talking to the hatter and says;

"I'm afraid so, your entirely bonkers, but I'll tell you a secret, all the best people are!"


Goodbye, untill next time!

Comments

  1. That's me in the top pic in the cap behind Alice :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts