new opportunities

Well, I've had a friend visiting for a few days which has been fun. She runs a gallery in Cornwall and is very creative so we always inspire each other when we meet up. I did my craft fair on Saturday at the Friends Meeting House in Brighton and actually sold some items, which was better than some traders, but not an exciting amount. I just dont think my work is right for that venue and you dont get alot of customers in, but its a fun way to pass the day, eating cake and chatting to people. Did alot of French knitting there which is my new obsessions and I have been weaving away eagerly ever since. I made loads and decided I wanted one so started to wear a long, french knitted hemp necklace. I went into one of my favourite shops in Brighton, Bellis, which is an upmarket boutique shop / Gallery and was chatting to the owner about the items in the shop. I asked if she was taking anymore jewellers as I make jewellery myself and she was really entusiastic when I showed her my hemp necklace and a big blue assymetric piece of aqua blue sea glass I was wearing on a mixed metal chain. The owner said alot of people ask about alternatives to metal because of allergies, etc, and said the hemp would be different for the shop. I also told her about my sea pottery pieces too, they would go so well in Bellis! So I'm going to bring some sterling silver sea pottery and hemp necklaces down to show her, but I'm feeling so run down today, I've got my boyfriends stinking cold and my mums coming to visit today, so I may have to reorganise another day to go down. Arghh! Anyway, I still havent relisted my white porcelain sea pottery necklaces on etsy, mainly because I took them to the craft fair to sell first and now I may now use them for Bellis but I am still planning to list some. I want to upheave my shop, I don't think its really good enough and the photos are dodgy and people are not buying anything. The items are so pretty and unique so I find this very fustrasting and want to come at it from another angle, and have more of an identity or style, I've got to stand out from the other five trillion jewellery artists on Etsy. I'm going to take photos of me wearing the items so you can see how they can be worn and styled. I always get comments on my designs in the flesh so I'm uber confident I can get comments digitally too!

Comments

  1. oh wow you're so brave - I keep *meaning* to approach shops, but it's so hard to get across the doorway! Mind you I'm usually wearing muddy walking boots so praps wouldn't be allowed in even as a customer ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts