Artists Open Houses 2016 - Brighton

So, its been a while since I updated anything here (seems like most of my blog posts seem to start like that now!) but I thought I would do a little post about the Artists Open Houses which kicked off this weekend in Brighton...
West Pier...

Vicky Lindo at "The Dog Show"

You can find my work being exhibited at the beautiful Claremont Hotel, on 2nd Avenue in Hove. There is an amazing collection of 40 artists work there. They are open every Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday in May, 11:30 - 6pm. I've made lots of new candy coloured sea glass pieces for the show. 


L-R top, Freyelli, Beach Shack Project
L-R bottom, Jim Pilston, Unknown


There are lots of fabulous Open Houses to go and see, I went down whilst the lovely Betty Shek was setting up her exhibition at Brighton Fishing Quarter Gallery, "Betty and Friends". Betty is displaying her stunning jewellery and artwork, the lovely Jasmine Mercer has her illustrations, Naomi Frances and her beautiful stained glass, Lisa from Lubilou with her fabulous ceramics, Gill Copeland and her amazing photography, and Bee Toa who is just back from a sellout exhibition in Tokyo with her stunning illustrations. 

Top L-R, Naomi Frances, Lubilou
Bottom L-R, Bee Toa, Betty Shek 
Beautiful ceramics by Frances Doherty
Had a wonder round a few open houses on Sunday and saw so many lovely things, I especially loved Frances Doherty's amazing botanical ceramics. 
Also I have kindly been given a big bag of beach tumbled coral by the lovely Lisa at Lubilou ceramics, which she found whilst beach combing on holiday. I've made this necklace and bracelet so far, I love all the different shapes, sizes and types of coral to work with. They are both available to buy in my Folksy Shop here...





Goodbye, until next time :-) 










Comments

Popular Posts